Some random observations about this years Celebrity Big Brother.



Once again Grace Dent of the Radio Times has put most of the things I’ve been thinking far more eloquently and succinctly than I could.

I’m very glad Ken Russell and er… that rock singer (what’s his name - darn I’ve forgotten already) had the good sense to walk out.

Leo Sayer. Well, Leo - omigod, what was it with the security guards stopping him from leaving - I thought they were all in there voluntarily? Doesn’t this count as false imprisonment?

At the time writing the most famous member of the Celeb Big Brother house is by far - the gold diary chair.

‘H’ stands for homosexual? My god. Who didn’t see that one coming? *cough*
I’m disturbing myself that I’m mesmerized by his bare torso. He’s got a nice body - it’s a pity that his face seems to be aging very quickly. No more pretty boy status for him.

Jade & co. Mistake. Big, big mistake. So on her first appearance BB we saw Jade naked in a strip drinking game, then give someone a blowjob and now we’ve seen her boyfriend spill his seed over her (albeit under a duvet). That’s enough now. Go no further. I also totally fail to see the fascination the media has with her, nor why the Living TV channel needs to keep giving her her own reality shows one after the other.

The Face/Dirk. I’ve only ever seen about two episodes of the A team -(one of those when Boy George was a guest star - that was very bizarre) and he was the one I could never remember.

Jermaine - what is wrong with his skin? What is he doing there? Does he even know himself? He could walk out during the night and no one would know he’s gone.

That journalist woman - I’ve forgotten about her already. Isn’t she just a professional bitch on paper? But she was alright - she was the mother figure - if she was in there still this whole bullying thing would never have happened. She would've slapped them down before it could've begun.

Shilpa - I only know what I’ve been told about her. Her maintenance of her dignity in the face of such a relentless onslaught is admirable.

Which leads us to Jade’s gang - I don’t know who those girls are but I know enough now that I don’t want to know. WTF is their problem? I had more than enough of last year’s BB with Grace(less) and her tiresome bitching. Is this what girls are like nowadays? Vain, empty, shallow, concerned only with their appearance, (probably having a boob-job addiction (I mention this because BB itself seems to have an addiction to women who‘ve had boob-jobs)), whose only entertainment lies in ganging together to bully and bitch about someone else. If this is the case then call me a born-again misogynist.

(Update: Here's Grace Dent -again on this issue.)

Meanwhile Endermol -as ever, will be laughinng all the way to the bank - even if the Carphone Warehouse does pull it's sponsorship.

Saving the best until last. Cleo - she’s actually very classy. I want Cleo to win.

Extras:

CBB offical site. (Beware of evil pop-ups. Channel 4 has an evil overly ad-heavily site.)

Germaine Greer in the Guardian.

No comments: