lost in ashes of torchwood

I hate it that there are so many people out in the interwebs who are better at writing about tv than me.

But any hoooo...

I'm still liking 'Ashes to Ashes' - but wish there was a bit more going on somehow. I notice there's an awful lot of red in the costumes and set design. I guess that's the blood from her having been shot in the real world. (But also the red and black combo was very big in the 80s for some reason) and apparently there's to be another series - it's going to be really depressing if she just dies at the end of all this.

By and large I've been feeling very let down by a lot of the episodes of Torchwood - but I liked the last one quite a bit with all the characters getting back stories at long last. I particularly liked the 1920s Torchwood and the female agents (although they come across as just a bit too 20th century 'girl power'-ish. I'd have liked them to have been more stiff-upper lip, prim and proper and starchy.) In fact I want to see them explore this further - a steampunk Torchwood battling Victorian/Georgian era space aliens would entertain me no end. But then I really liked 'the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' the books and the film.

Lost... oh hum. That's been so patchy -again. Can't say I cared much for the 'Meet Kevin Johnson' episode - I'm guessing they've laying it on thick for the Michael character only to allow him to redeem himself further down the line... and what's the odds that he have to sacrifice his life in order to do that? He'll probably tell one of the 'Oceanic 6' to "tell Walt I love/d him" before - I dunno blowing something up or dying in a hail of bullets - or something so they can escape. Although what would be much cooler would be for Michael not to die - remain on the island and then have (older taller) Walt going back to the Island to rescue (or to be with) his dad.

Oh, and as for killing off Rousseau - they'd better not have done that. Because that would be a very stupid thing for the writers to have done. even the dreary dullards Paolo and Nikki got a whole flashback episode to themselves before they were unceremoniously killed off in that tedious filler episode. But then again - the more they've shown of a character - usually the less I've liked them... oh dear, what does that tell you about the show? It also tells you I must have a masochistic streak to be still putting myself through this.


LOST IN THE ASHES OF TORCHWOOD

No comments: