downthetubes interview: DC Thomson Editor Bill McLoughlin Part 1


Downthetubes: Given the continued popularity of science-fiction, particularly Doctor Who, do you think a re-launched Starblazer might be able to find an audience?

Bill: This is a difficult one. Probably not! It goes back to SF never having been enormous in Britain. I just don't think there is the audience for it.


(Why does this remind me of that joke about the bookseller:

Customer: Have you got '[insert any name of a book here]'

Bookseller: *sighs* You're the tenth person I've said this to this week. No we haven't. We don't stock it because there just isn't the demand for it.


downthetubes interview: DC Thomson Editor Bill McLoughlin

1 comment:

cleanskies said...

The UK comics documentaries made me fume (and reminded me of certain middle managers where I work). Blaming the audience for jumping a ship that was being driven pell-mell into the ground.