The Bush Era Draws to a Close.

I ought to do a follow up for the British side of this. One of the things that has really rankled my cage has been Blair's wholesale blind (and rather idiotic) support of Bush and everything he's done.

Just off the top of my head there was the attack on the BBC for telling what we all now know to be the indisputable truth that there were never any WMD in Iraq. So much for the Government's respect for the independence of the press. But I guess that went out of the window when Blair had to learn to kow-tow to Rupert Murdoch in order to get the public support he needed to win the Election in the first place...

...and on that note why is Bush STILL prattling on about his 'war on terror'? (when he first trotted out that phrase all those years years ago - I winced and cringed. How you possibly have 'a war on terror' it is complete and utter nonsense.) Mind you, what am I talking about - the man is an idiot and idiots say idiotic things. Duh.

No comments: