Vista - Arrogance & Stupidity

E-043 Vista - Arrogance & Stupidity
Wow. Harsh.

I don't even like my current install of XP trying to 'ring home' whenever something hangs - especially when they're not even microsoft products. So I'm not going to be pleased with an OS that seems intent on doing it very time it can. It's MY computer, it's MY property, it's up to me what I do with it. Grrrrrr just eff off Microsoft.

As for all the bloat and hardware resource hog Vista looks to be - hell, I remember similar accusations whooshing around in the 80s when my 'puter of choice was the Amiga and Windows 95 first came out. They were true then as they are today. What's the deal with all that computing power just being wasted on what amounts to eye-candy. Gaming machines have long been able to throw about the fanciest of graphics on far smaller fractions of CPU, RAM and HDD (or CD or DVD) that the minimum of recources a Vita box demands. Aside from the obvious that it's being done so that there's a constant turn-over in new chips and hardware all the time. It also disturbs me that all this is primarily because of DRM - it makes the next generation of home computer into a wasteful uber-paranoid encrypting and decrypting device - being run for the benefit of the entertainment industry -certainly not the end user. Because y'know, it's so obvious we're all pirates and criminals now and these corporations don't trust us an inch - but at the same time are still greedy for our money. Gah. Idiots.

I have to admit I've already got installation disks of Unbuntu and Solaris standing by. Only I don't know which one to choose...

No comments: