colourise my world

Here in the UK the Living Channel has started showing a re-run of 'I dream of Jeannie' – the first series – colourised. The trouble with that is – I just can't stop noticing the colourisation process. I'm not ever really watching the show, because I keep being distracted by it. For instance I'm fascinated by the overly pink unnatural-looking skin tones, and the fact that they often leave the teeth and eyes uncoloured – so they look particularly strange. (When the same channel showed the old colourised episodes of Bewitched I was always fascinated by how they left Larry Tates white hair – uncoloured too.) I spend so much wondering if the frocks and set items were originally the colours they've been painted - and what the real colour might have been - that I'm not eally watching the program any more.

No comments: