Flickr Adds Video Sharing for 'Pro' Members | massive storrm in a teacup breaks out

Well, I for one am in favour of this. Mainly because I understand where flickr are coming from. I often use my digital cameras to take the odd little movie - just to capture things that you can't get from stills. Now these movies are so short that it never seemed worth the effort involved in uploading them up to youtube. But now I can upload them to flickr with the minimum of fuss - where they can nestle along with the stills that often come out of the very same cameras.

Of course there's a very loud contingent on flickr - whose feathers get ruffled at any hint of a change - now hollaring loudly that they don't want video on flickr, they're all scared it's going to turn into youtube. *sigh* Way to totally miss the point guys.

By the by - whatever happened to last year's big issue about Germany and other countries having 'safety filters'/aka censorship forced onto them. I guess people have forgotten all about that now. Just like they'll eventually settle down and forget about this.

Flickr Adds Video Sharing for 'Pro' Members | Compiler from Wired.com

No comments: