Pahf!

Oh look a PC magazine I forgot ever buying - oooh and how terribly handy - it has a copy of CyberLink PowerDirector 5VE on the cover disc. I was on the look out for something to edit my tiny short movies in for flickr and this blog and youtube and that...

Install. (Minor grumble from the installation about me having a later version of Quicktime than it wanted to install.) Get a free serial number from website. Reboot. Load. Feh. Annoyed by it insisting on loading it's own sample files crap. Try to import an avi I want to edit. PowerDirector vanishes. Huh? Maybe it's upset because Picasa is running at the same time? Load PD same annoying sample. files load - try to drag and drop the avi - ooooh progress bar promisi... - oh no. Vanishes again. No warnings - no wanting to send a crash report home. Just... nothing!

PowerDirector Sux then. Sux baaaaaaad.

No comments: