I was just thinking...

Now that we know that with Matt Smith we're going to have the youngest ever Doctor Who (something which does worry me somewhat...*) it's now fallen to the Sarah Jane Adventures to carry on with what was the original spirit of Doctor Who where a older, wiser person takes young companions along on a series wild and exciting adventures...


(*because one of the things I liked about Doctor Who was that a older grandfather - or older uncle figure was the hero - even as a kiddie-wink I thought that it was a great role model for older folk. In fact I pretty much stopped watching the series when Davison took over the role - because I felt he was much too young - that and he was wearing beige... *shudder*. Now we're going to be given yet another youff running about - like as if, well, haven't we got enough of those in fiction already? Isn't that why the Doctor had companions to do all that sort of malarkey? Oh well... I'm just going to trust that they don't ruin it and all my vague misgivings will be proved utterly foundationless.)

No comments: